One major reason people seek my help has to do with various work concerns and challenges. Psychotherapy can be a highly effective way of addressing this area, incorporating aspects of career coaching with a deeper, more personal focus on your personality dynamics and how these might interface with your work life and hold you back in various ways.
What issues do I treat?
What might bring someone to treatment of course vary greatly, but below is a short list of work issues that can be helped through psychological consultation:
- feeling stuck or trapped in your job or career
- difficulty finding or holding onto employment
- challenges in establishing and maintaining productive work relationships
- trouble with assertiveness and self-advocacy
- wanting to learn how to have difficult conversations more effectively
- navigating work politics
- chronic worry/anxiety about losing one's job
- having trouble "turning off" work / ruminative thinking
- difficulty balancing work and personal life
- chronic anger in the workplace